Re: switching between branches of mercurial?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: switching between branches of mercurial?
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 10:10:33 -0400

On  4-Apr-2008, Xavier Delacour wrote:

| On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 8:58 AM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
| > When the sources are initially pulled, what branch is active?
|
| default
|
| hg branch
| tells you which branch you're currently on.
|

| >         hg pull http://www.octave.org/hg/octave
| >         hg update
| >
| >  I can switch to the 3-0-x branch by
| >
| >         hg update -C release-3-0-x
| >
| >  How do I determine what branches are available to switch between?
|
| hg branches
|

| >  How do I return to the default?
|
| hg update -C default

But to avoid confusion, I would not recommend going back and forth and
building in the same directory without removing all the files and
running ./autogen.sh again after each switch.  Since that's likely to
slow you down (everything must be rebuilt after a switch), I'd
recommend simply keeping separate source trees for each branch.