Re: recent ssh2 implementation to libcurl and octave?

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: recent ssh2 implementation to libcurl and octave?
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 12:04:50 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have awared that the recent libcurl implemments the ssh2.
> http://curl.haxx.se/
>
> Does this affect the octave?
>
> Regards
>
> Tatsuro

==jwe wrote to reply to 'Subject: Build Octave-3.0.0 with HDF5-1.8.0'
Unfortunately, this appears to be a case where a
change in a library implementation breaks Octave.  Perhaps someone will
submit a patch for Octave that will fix the problem.  You might be
able to avoid it by using an earlier version of the HDF5 library, but
it would be better if Octave could be fixed to work with old and new
versions of HDF5.
==========================

To tell the truth, I found s new version libcurl with ssh2 implemented.
:curl-7.18.1-devel-mingw32

Previouss version libcurl-7.17.1-win32-ssl-sspi I have reported previous test
by this version.
But for :curl-7.18.1-devel-mingw32, it rejected by ./configure in the mingw
build.

Sorry I have back to libcurl-7.17 and so that config.log for curl-7.18.1 was
lost.
The previous libcurl seems not to support ssh2 but new one supports ssh2.

Thinking the secuties, octave to be ssh2ed is desirable.

Regards

Tatsuro

GANBARE! NIPPON! Win your ticket to Olympic Games 2008.
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ganbare-nippon/