Re: hggroup available in graphics archive

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: hggroup available in graphics archive
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:30:43 +0200

On 29/04/08 11:42 -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:
> In the future, maybe we should encourage the use of Mercurial Queues
> for major development branches like this since I think that would make it
> simpler to keep the patches you are creating separate, and to still
> keep up to date with the main development branch.

Having worked recently with MQ, I disagree. The problem with queued
patches is that you need to version the patches themselves, otherwise
you loose the ability to actually share them. Also, you get to read
diffs of diffs, which is an exercise in cognition.

Git's rebase feature might come in handy, but Mercurial doesn't seem to
have it currently. It's part of a Google SoC project, though.

        Thomas