Re: anyone seeing this?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: anyone seeing this?
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 19:32:30 -0400

On Jul 14, 2008, at 7:38 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:

This morning I encountered an error when I attempted to update my copy of jwe's archive.

        hg pull http://www.octave.org/hg/octave
        pulling from http://www.octave.org/hg/octave
        abort: error: nonnumeric port: ''

Is anyone else seeing this?

Ben

I found my problem. I had temporarily configured my Fink package manager to navigate past my employers proxy.

When home I edit FInk's configuration info to remove the http proxy info, and when at work edit the configuration to insert the proxy info. Surprisingly Fink appears to ignore the environment variables, but sets the http_proxy environment variable anyway (perhaps some other utility uses it).

Once I clear the environment variable ("export http_proxy=") all worked as normal.

Ben