Re: Graphics: Title and label properties

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Graphics: Title and label properties
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 10:32:06 -0400

On 22-Jul-2008, Michael Goffioul wrote:

| On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 3:57 PM, Daniel J Sebald <address@hidden> wrote:
| > How much of a subset will the "mid-level" parser support?  Just simple TeX
| > constructs like subscript ('_'), superscript ('^'), and a few others?
|
| Of course, we're talking here about the same set of TeX constructs that are
| supported by the competition, which is only a subset of TeX syntax.

I think we should also leave open the possibility of actually passing
the text to TeX (or LaTeX) and getting a (scalable?) graphics object
back so that we can fully support TeX (or LaTeX) markup, not just some
subset.  It is probably not necessary to do this from the beginning,
but we should not make it hard to do later.