submitting changesets (was imwrite)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: submitting changesets (was imwrite)
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:00:47 -0400

On 25-Aug-2008, Thomas L. Scofield wrote:

| I don't understand why CamelCase variables are undesirable

IFindThemHardToRead.

| Some other conventions
| mentioned here are new to me (where documented?).

Not everything is documented.

| Octave header
| files are still something of a mystery to me---why is it oct.h is out
| in lieu of config.h for functions included in Octave core?

Because there is no point in including (nearly) every header file (as
oct.h does) when they are not needed.

| As for the tabbing, I cannot both follow the request of the
| administrator and the coding rules in contrib.txi.

The contrib.txi file is a draft.  I would remove the statement about
tabs, or at least we should have a discussion about it before
inculding that suggestion.  In any case, the point was that the file
you received had tabs but you converted them to spaces and generated a
larger than necessary diff.  If you want to untabify, then do that job
separately from the other changes.

| The original files in question were not easily readable in
| my editor until I turned the previous author's tabs into spaces.

Have you set up your editor to use something other than 8-space tabs?