Re: octave 3.1.51: NaNs and pcolor for opengl backend (patch attached)

From: Alexander Barth
Subject: Re: octave 3.1.51: NaNs and pcolor for opengl backend (patch attached)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:10:19 +0200

Hi Shai and Michael,

Thanks for you reply.

> Thanks for the patch. I had a quick look, but I think it's a little
> bit more complicated than that, for instance in the case of
> "shading interp": when fc_mode==2, then you should check
> all 4 vertices.

Indeed, the attached patch takes care for this situation as well.

> As Shai told you, this is not implemented yet. When I get some
> time, I'll try to hack a quick and dirty solution that allows to show
> simple text strings (without TeX formatting).

I experimented a bit with Pango and Latex for font rendering. The code
I wrote is available here:
http://yapso.cvs.sourceforge.net/yapso/yapso/src/
in the files latextexture and fonttexture. However, the code
(especially the latex code) is not very pretty. The latex rendering
works only for screen display and export of raster images but not for
eps export.

Cheers,
Alex