Re: Further on MEX

From: Aravindh Krishnamoorthy
Subject: Re: Further on MEX
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 11:01:58 +0530

Dear John,

> My objection is that it is at least against the spirit of the GPL and
> I would not like to move further in this direction.  I have no
> interest in encouraging proprietary add-ons for Octave.

I was under the impression that you'd like to encourage proprietary
addons and found it useful so long as they didn't interfere with core
Octave development.

I don't want to circumvent the views of the Octave community (and GPL)
in implementing a feature -- non-free MEX support will be implemented
by me only if Octave community agrees to it. So, at the moment, NO.

However, I'll continue to contribute to Octave/C++. For numerical
computation code, I'll have to check employment terms regarding
open-source contribution.

Yours sincerely,
Aravindh