Re: Changing package file extension

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Changing package file extension
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 21:19:02 +0100

tor, 29 01 2009 kl. 15:10 -0500, skrev John W. Eaton:
> On 29-Jan-2009, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>
> | Is this really all that has to be done? It feels kinda silly to submit
> | a diff for something like this. I guess the real change has to be in
> | the 'Forge website.
>
> I think I should wait on applying this patch until we get agreement
> from whoever is building packages for Octave Forge that this is the
> right thing to do.

I guess that's me. I'm a bit overworked at the moment, so I'm neglecting
my Octave-Forge duties, which is a bit embarrassing I guess. From a
practical point of view it's trivial to rename the package files during
building. It might, however, be problematic to upload files with a
non-standard extension to Octave-Forge (I don't know as I haven't
tried).

Soren