AW: Re: Plotting semi-trasnparent patches?

From: kai . habel
Subject: AW: Re: Plotting semi-trasnparent patches?
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 21:32:12 +0100

-- Ursprüngl. Mitteil. --
Betreff:        Re: Plotting semi-trasnparent patches?
Von:    "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden>
Datum:          29.01.2009 19:23

On 29-Jan-2009, Kai Habel wrote:

| Since Ben has pushed the __gnuplot_has_feature__() function, I have
| slightly changed the changeset to enable transparent patches. After
| applying the changeset and using gnuplot 4.3. you can test it with e.g.:
|
| x = [0 1 1 0];y=[0 0 1 1];
| patch(x,y,'red');
| p=patch(x+0.5,y+0.5,'yellow');
| for i=0:0.05:1,set(p,'facealpha',i);end
|
| Kai

OK, I applied this changeset, but I don't see it working for me, or I
don't understand what is meant by "transparency".  Even when I do

  for i=0:0.05:1,set(p,'facealpha',i); drawnow (); pause (1); end

so I can clearly see each step, the yellow patch changes in intensity,
but it always obscures the part of the red patch that it overlaps.

This happens with both gnuplot 4.2.2 (as expected, since the test for
the transparency feature returns 0) and 4.3.0 (built from gnuplot CVS
sources that were updated in the last hour).

jwe
This is strange it has worked for me, I will have a look at this tomorrow
Kai