Re: fsolve test failure

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: fsolve test failure
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:55:04 -0500

On 29-Jan-2009, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

| I think the options should only be accessed via optimget/optimset, so
| we don't need to support code like the above. Fix is trivial, after
| all.

Is there anything preventing users from doing things like

 opts = optimget ();
 opts.TolX = foobar;

 fsolve (..., opts);

?  If not, then I suspect we should allow this to work in Octave as
well.  At least when the structure is returned this way, I think we
are stuck with the exact spelling of the structure fields that
Matlab's optimset uses.