Re: 3.0.5 ?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: 3.0.5 ?
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 15:51:24 -0400

On  7-Apr-2009, Thomas Weber wrote:

| Please, never, ever re-release a tarball. This breaks all kind of
| automatic version checkers, checksum testers and so on.
|
| There's nothing wrong with a 3.0.5 tarball.

Yes, it would definitely be confusing if we have two different
releases that are both using the same version number.

Please let me know when you want to consider 3.0.5 as released and
I'll upload it to the ftp servers as quickly as I can.  I'd like to
see the version with the bug replaced as soon as possible.  It's OK if
the difference between 3.0.4 and 3.0.5 is just a single patch.  I
think it is better to have that than to have people downloading and
using the buggy version.

I'll also make a prominent notice on the web site so that people know
that it is important to upgrade to get this fix.

Thanks,