Re: proposed FAQ entries about licensing

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: Re: proposed FAQ entries about licensing
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 18:04:02 -0400

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 3:33 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
No, I don't think so.  Unless someone objects, I think we could place
it in the public domain.  But we may need to reorganize mex.h and
mexproto.h somewhat so that mex.h contains only the prototypes for the
functions in the MEX interface and nothing else.

Was it ever decided if we can add C99 complex-style MEX accessors even if they don't exist in Matlab? If I recall correctly, the main objection is that code written using the new function couldn't work on Matlab, thus the MEX files were obviously derived from Octave?

Suppose I go ahead and write a set of limited utility functions that only use Matlab mex that convert complex matrices into C99-form (causing all sorts of data copying when used in Matlab). Would octave be allowed to implement them more efficiently?

--judd