Updated tarball of OctaveDE

From: John Swensen
Subject: Updated tarball of OctaveDE
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 14:53:11 -0400

For everyone's info (and I hope JWE et al don't mind me announcing it here, and recommend all responses go to the OctaveDE sourceforge lists), version 0.3 of OctaveDE it up on Sourceforge. With a lot of help from Rafael Laboissiere, Michael Goffioul, and Jordi Gutierrez I think I now have a tarball that works for Linux, Windows, and OSX and for both Octave 3.0.x and 3.1.x. Also, Rafael and Jordi did the work to get it submitted to Debian, so at some time in the near future it will be available through both Debian and Ubuntu.

New and fixed items
1) Debugging now works in the editor (still has some occasional issues)
2) Help browser is now local (e.g. it doesn't just point to Octave- forge)
3) You can build it with a preliminary GTK based OpenGL backend window

Outstanding issues
1) It still crashes every once in a while, so there are still bugs
2) Whatever others can find.

John