Re: Patch to Octave shutdown procedures

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Patch to Octave shutdown procedures
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 11:17:17 -0400

On May 19, 2009, at 11:00 AM, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

Aren't you calling octave_main with the embedded flag? If not, why?

I am not calling octave_main with the embedded flag. If you look at the source for octave_main, you will see that the embedded flag causes octave_main to return before main_loop is ever called. With my IDE, I am running the full Octave interpreter inside of the GTK VTE terminal emulator widget. I, in fact, want the main_loop to be called.

I think the embedded flag is more for people who want to embed a non- interactive session of Octave within their own program.

John Swensen