Re: 3.2.0 release candidate 2

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: 3.2.0 release candidate 2
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 13:22:25 +0200

On 25 May 2009, at 19:02, address@hidden wrote:

Message: 5
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 13:01:10 +0200
From: Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden>
Subject: 3.2.0 release candidate 2
To: octave maintainers list <address@hidden>

hi,

the Octave 3.2.0 RC2 tarballs are available at
http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~hajej2am/ulozna/octave/

enjoy

-- RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert & GNU Octave developer
Prague, Czech Republic
url: www.highegg.matfyz.cz

Jaroslav,

I see RC2 does not include the patch I proposed for pkg.m:

http://www.nabble.com/-Changeset--Let-%22pkg-describe%22-return-version-of-the-packages-td23692416.html

I understand that probably we are in feature-freeze stage before the release, but I'd still like to try to push for the inclusion of this change ;)

This is needed for the new octave-forge package release system, and given the current rate of octave releases if we need to wait for 3.4 before we can put that system in place that might mean a long time. Plus the change is so trivial I really doubt it could generate any regressions.

So do you think it would still be possible to apply that changeset?
Thanks,
c.