Re: gnulib and automake

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: gnulib and automake
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 22:21:30 +0100

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 30-Oct-2009, Benjamin Lindner wrote:

| Ok, I ran configure without any "--enable" options, and this is what I get:

Is this different from what happens with --enable-shared?

No

| looks ok, doesn't it?

Yes.  Using this configuration, are shared libraries built?

No

I begin to suspect this will not be going to work OOTB. It smells like the many bad experiences I have had with libtool when building octave's dependency libraries.
Sigh, I'm not sure I am happy than now also octave uses libtool.

benjamin