[Octave] Improving Octave for large files

From: Christian Brædstrup
Subject: [Octave] Improving Octave for large files
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 23:08:47 +0100

Hi,

I have been looking for some time after a cool GNU project to help on and the Octave project just what I was looking for. I have been following the Octave project for sometime (looking at the code and sitting om the mailinglist) and have now decided to do some real work if possible. I have been looking in the PROJECTS file in the source and wanted to hear if anyone is working on the problem with large files that Juhana K. Kouhia talks about (I couldn't find any code in the src/load-save.cc file to indicate that)? I have a friend working on the TPIE library (http://www.madalgo.au.dk/Trac-tpie/) and thought it would fit nicely into the octave source. Does anyone have any concerns about including the TPIE library or any comments about how best to add the functionality.

Cheers,
Christian Brædstrup