Fwd: Minor updates

From: Michael D. Godfrey
Subject: Fwd: Minor updates
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 19:35:17 +0100

Sorry, forgot maintainers list

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Minor updates
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 18:15:44 +0100
From: Michael D. Godfrey <address@hidden>
To: John W. Eaton <address@hidden>

John,

I know that you have been seriously burdened with both
the automake effort and the magical (-)0 problem.  Both
take care and attention, but of quite different kinds.

But, now that they seem both to be at a reasonable conclusion,
could I remind you of the 2 attached changesets?  These
both apply cleanly to the current source (I just tested this a
few minutes ago).  The font_upd change allows finding
appropriate fonts on Fedora systems, and Shai said he
thinks it is OK.  The gl2ps change (from Shai) has the effect of positioning
the xlabel and ylabel text correctly when the plot is written
to PS.  With this changeset my experience of the fltk backend
is very good.  It matches or exceeds the gnuplot backend in
all cases that I have tried.  The one remaining item is TeX
interpretation.  This can wait for a bit as far as I am concerned.

In any case, committing these 2 changesets would be helpful.

My build of the current system from a few minutes ago confirms
the -0 change, the automake stuff,  and everything else to be OK
on Fedora FC11 x86_64.  Congratulations!!

Michael