Re: libiberty problem : mingw build on latest development source

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: libiberty problem : mingw build on latest development source
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 20:19:39 +0900 (JST)

> There is a quite lengthy thread on the maintainer's list
> titled "gnulib and automake". Take a look.
>
> For me, it boiled down to
> http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2009-July/017683.html
>
> (Besides, libiberty is part of gcc)
Thank you for your information.

> Maybe (that's speculation on my part) it would also solve the
> problem if one created a libiberty.la file for libiberty.a
> (is this a gcc packaging bug?).

I have  gotten successful to create libiberty.la like other library files in
lib directory of binutils
of mingw.
I have met another error in creating shared libcruft libraries.
Perhaps I should  refer the your thread to overcome the problem.

> But again, for libstdc++.a there is a .la file, and it *breaks*
> building in this case.

Indeed! That was really annoying :-(.

For libtoorize, I will accept your advises.

I really appreciate your efforts and advises.

Regards

Tatsuro
Tatsuro

GyaO! - Anime, Dramas, Movies, and Music videos [FREE]
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/gyao/