Re: small graphics fixes

From: Michael D. Godfrey
Subject: Re: small graphics fixes
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 21:06:46 +0100

On 11/29/09 8:22 PM, Shai Ayal wrote:
Maybe it's the nx server? I don't have a clue.
You say that previous builds work. Do they work now or did they work before?
can you try glxgears to see if opengl is working?
glxgears works. And, the "old" build from 24 November works now and it worked
when the current build was failing (See below!!).  Also,
what I meant by "no plot" the frame came up (with A G along the bottom), but the
data and axes were not drawn.

However, I have real news.  Now it works.  I really have no idea what fixed
it.  I am running in the same NX session as before: I just disconnected and
reconnected --  this brings back exactly the state when I disconnected.
The only thing I did was run glxgears!!!

My experience with openGL is that it does lots of neat stuff, but it has some deep mysteries. Also, I have an application which causes openGL to cause X11 to segfault -- end of X11. I documented this fully and sent it in, but they just
decided it was too hard, or not worth fixing.

Back to Octave.  If it fails again I will try to figure something out before
it starts working again. As I think of what could have gone wrong, I suspect
X11 as much as openGL or Octave...
I looked around my server system: nothing obvious in system logs, etc.

Thanks again,
Michael