changeset: dlopen for cygwin

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: changeset: dlopen for cygwin
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 14:10:59 -0500

On 15-Dec-2009, Marco Atzeri wrote:

| finally I found the solution for the "extra F on function names"
| that blocked the building on cygwin for some time.
|
| Basically on cygwin I need dlopen
|
| -      *-*-cygwin* | *-*-mingw* | *-*-msdosmsvc)
| +      *-*-mingw* | *-*-msdosmsvc)
|         loadlibrary_api=true;
|        ;;
| +      *-*-cygwin*)
| +       dlopen_api=true;

OK, I agree that *-*-cygwin* should not appear in this list since it
should be using dlopen, not LoadLibrary.

The context for this code snippet is:

  if $dlopen_api || $shl_load_api || $loadlibrary_api || $dyld_api; then
    true
  else
    case "$canonical_host_type" in
      *-*-cygwin* | *-*-mingw* | *-*-msdosmsvc)
       loadlibrary_api=true;
      ;;
    esac
  fi

so I still don't understand why the test for dlopen_api is failing for
you.  Can you please post the relevant parts of the config.log file
that show the results of the checks for the dlopen, dlclose, dlerror,
and dlsym functions?