Re: Where have oct-dlldefs.h gone?

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Where have oct-dlldefs.h gone?
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 12:58:01 -0800

man, 08 02 2010 kl. 15:51 -0500, skrev John W. Eaton:
> On  8-Feb-2010, S ren Hauberg wrote:
>
> | Hi All
> |
> | I've been trying to compile the Java package with the development
> | version of Octave. The package #include's "oct-dlldefs.h", but that
> | header seems to be missing from the development version. So, why was
> | this removed and what should be included instead?
>
> From the ChangeLog file in the top-level directory:
>
>   2009-09-17  John W. Eaton  <address@hidden>
>
>           * configure.ac: Also AC_DEFINE OCTAAVE_IDX_TYPE.
>           (AH_BOTTOM): Include contents of libcruft/misc/oct-dlldefs.h and
>           liboctave/oct-types.h here.  Use C-style comments.
>           (AC_CONFIG_FILES): Remove liboctave/oct-types.h from the list.
>
> so the contents of oct-dlldefs.h should be in the config.h file now.

Ahh, I see. Thanks for pointing this out (to be honest I don't really
understand the contents of the ChangeLog entry, but I guess that is to
be expected as I don't speak auto[conf|tools|*]).

What is the recommended way to support several Octave versions in file
then? Something like

        #include <octave/config.h>
        #ifndef OCTAVE_EXPORT
        #include <octave/oct-dlldefs.h>