Re: compiling development sources

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: compiling development sources
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 21:39:30 -0500

On Feb 10, 2010, at 6:34 PM, Carlo de Falco wrote:

> On 10 Feb 2010, at 22:53, address@hidden wrote:
>

>> I checked in the following patch:
>> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/2ceae0b40515
>>
>> hope this solves the problem for you.
>
> It does fix the problem, thanks!
> Now to the next failure:
>
>  src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/qr.cc ................................panic: Segmentation
> fault -- stopping myself...
>
> I'll look into this and report back.
> Thanks again,
> c.

I just built with the current sources. I had one failure during "make check" ...

  ***** assert(log2(complex(0,Inf)), Inf + log2(i));
!!!!! test failed
assert (log2 (complex (0, Inf)),Inf + log2 (i)) expected
Inf + 2.266i
but got
Inf - NaNi
NaNs don't match

This problem is due to a gcc bug.

It may be that your qr trouble has to do with lacking a qrupdate package?

I began constructing a qrupdate package for Fink, but gave up before completing
it. However, the result is sufficient for Octave's purposes.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2861045&group_id=17203&atid=414256

If you place the info, patch, and tar.gz files in the locations below, Fink
will see them and allow you to install qrupdate (you may need to scanpackages
and index).

        /sw/fink/src/qrupdate-1.0.1.tar.gz
        /sw/fink/10.6/local/main/finkinfo/sci/qrupdate.info
        /sw/fink/10.6/local/main/finkinfo/sci/qrupdate.patch

You can find the qrupdate-1.0.1.tar.gz file at the link below.

        http://sourceforge.net/projects/qrupdate/files/

I haven't tried to produce a Fink package for the more recent qrupdate-1.1.x.
If you are interested in trying, at a minimum, you'll need to modify
qrupdate.info to reference the proper tar.gz file and change the associated MD5
as well.

Ben