Re: crash while testing imread.m

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: crash while testing imread.m
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 18:08:10 +0100

On 27/02/10 23:23 -0500, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 27-Feb-2010, S ren Hauberg wrote:
>
> | Could we create simple wrappers for the image I/O functions and put them
> | in 'liboctave'? The '__magick_read__', '__magick_write__' and
> | '__magick_imfinfo__' would then simply call these functions. This would
> | allow us to initialise GraphicsMagick when 'liboctave' is initialised.
>
> That still links Octave with the GraphicsMagick library and all of its
> dependencies even when they are not used.

I'm hitting this problem now with octave3.2 and graphismagick 1.3.11 in
Debian. I need some kind of fix or the Debian release managers will come
after me :)

Work-arounds are fine for me, as this is very likely the last release in
the 3.2 series. Linkg liboctave with graphicsmagick seems good enough
for me. Are there objections to doing it this way?

        Thomas