Re: build fails: ‘strerror’ is not a member of ‘gnulib’

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: build fails: ‘strerror’ is not a member of ‘gnulib’
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 17:37:39 -0400

On 25-Mar-2010, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

| I'm not sure whether, say, <cstring> is required to include
| <string.h>. I guess not. But GCC normally does it, so I'm surprised it
| doesn't work for David.

I'm not sure that it is required, but up until now we haven't had any
problems assuming that it is, and all the GCC/libstdc++ versions that
I know about do include it, so I agree that it is surprising that
David had a problem.

I've committed a changeset that undoes most of the recent (last two
days) changes related to gnulib.

Until I can understand what caused the problem, I'd rather not make
these changes.

David, will you please update and see if you can reproduce the problem
on your system?  After updating, please either do a completely fresh
build or do the following

  remove the libgnu directory from your build tree
  run autogen.sh
  run configure
  run make

If you still have the problems you did before, then please send the
error message you see and a copy of the preprocessed file that is
causing the trouble so I can look at it.

Thanks,