Re: (matlab2tikz) offscreen rendering with gl-render - pls advice

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: (matlab2tikz) offscreen rendering with gl-render - pls advice
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:52:45 -0700

fre, 26 03 2010 kl. 20:33 -0400, skrev Ben Abbott:
> On Mar 26, 2010, at 8:31 PM, Soren Hauberg wrote:
>
> > fre, 26 03 2010 kl. 20:28 -0400, skrev Ben Abbott:
> >> The script, matlab2tikz, is now under accessable via github. It is
> >> also still available at matlabcentral.
> >>
> >>    http://github.com/nicki/matlab2tikz
> >>
> >> Since I first started using it, support for contour() has been added.
> >> No 3D yet, but tikz does support 3D, so I expect that to be added in
> >> the future.
> >
> > Does it actually work under Octave? I seem to remember running into
> > trouble with some input parsing stuff.
> >
> > Soren
>
> I don't think it will work properly until the graphics properties are fully
> compliant.

I would actually expect things to work is long as the figure handles
store the right information. I mean, the on-screen rendering by gnuplot
or fltk doesn't need to be compliant.

Anyway, it seems the code requires 'inputParser' [1] which Octave
doesn't have, so it's not straight-forward to test.

Soren

[1]
http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/inputparser.html