Re: Any help needed in Fortran related development

From: Jerry DeLisle
Subject: Re: Any help needed in Fortran related development
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:00:15 -0700

On 08/25/2010 08:00 AM, Michael Goffioul wrote:
On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Jaroslav Hajek<address@hidden>  wrote:
One option is to invent a mechanism that can unwind the foreign stack
frame correctly. Or if it was standard with gfortran, then perhaps we
could rely on it (the only other Fortran compiler I know is being used
to compile Octave is Intel Fortran).

I'm still using f2c to compile Octave.

Michael.

I will start here by getting setup to build Octave with gfortran. gfortran does have some backtrace capability. The flags are described in the manual at gcc.gnu.org. I will be using gfortran 4.6 experimental, but also have previous versions installed as well.

What versions do most folks here use?

Regards,

Jerry