regexp doc ?

From: CdeMills
Subject: regexp doc ?
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 00:34:14 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

while trying to cope with a problem using regexpes, I found a lot of info on
this site:
http://www.regular-expressions.info

Of particular interest to me was the fact the regexpes are greedy by default
(working right to left), but also support non-greedy mode (left-to-right):
.*?, negative look-ahead : q(?!u) matches a 'q' not followed by a 'u';
positive look-ahead: q(?=u) matches a 'q' followed by a 'u', but 'u' is not
matched, and so on.

So it seems that, on my platform (Ubuntu 9), the regexp lib support enriched
modes. Is it valid on other platforms too ? If yes, could we enhance the
help text to reflect this fact ?

Regards

Pascal