Re: Octave 3.3.54 snapshot available for ftp

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Octave 3.3.54 snapshot available for ftp
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 16:52:49 -0600

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 3:31 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:

> This snapshot includes the new experimental OpenGL-based graphics
> code, but the gnuplot backend is used by default.  Assuming you have
> all the required libraries and have built the OpenGL bits properly,
> you should be able to switch to the new backend with the command
>
>  backend ("fltk");

I noticed that I can switch it only before any plots are made and then
I cannot switch it back.

E.g.
octave:1> backend("fltk")
octave:2> plot(rand(10))
octave:3> backend("gnuplot")
octave:4> plot(rand(10))

makes all plots with fltk.

octave:1> plot(rand(10))
octave:2> backend("fltk")
octave:3> plot(rand(10))

makes all plots with gnuplot.

Not a problem for me, but not sure if this is an intended behavior

> jwe

Dmitri.