Re: Successfully merged projects

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Successfully merged projects
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 06:21:28 -0400

On Apr 11, 2011, at 5:00 AM, Michael Goffioul wrote:

> For instance, the code should make use of QThread/QMutex instead of
> using the lower level pthread library. That way, you're automatically
> cross-platform.

Good point.  I guess I just hadn't thought about this one, but all the posix
calls should be replaced by Qt calls for this program.  At this point, I don't
have write access to github (and I haven't really worked a lot with distributed
VC, so I am not sure the exact branch/merge procedures for git/github) so I
will start just making patchsets against the github "tip" to send to Jacob
until we settle on the permanent solution (probably keeping it in github or
putting it alongside Octave proper in Savannah Mercurial). I'm assuming that
the blessed option would be Mercurial so that it is all in one place and
potential contributors to both this and Octave don't have to learn two
distributed VC systems?

John Swensen