Re: Successfully merged projects

From: Jacob Dawid
Subject: Re: Successfully merged projects
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 10:56:12 +0200

I took the code of QtOctave as a text editor, it already has all necessary functions. If only possible I'd like to solve tasks like these without any external dependencies. I know there might be text editors that are very mighty in comparison to a primitive solution like this, but actually I didn't find any of them easy to integrate. They all build up their own interface as a standalone application, which might be quite confusing and lead to a strange interface regarding the whole thing.

I prefer the idea of having a simple idea and an optional "Open in Emacs" button, which launches Emacs in a separate window.

In the meantime we should build up an effective way of collecting issues. Since with Qt we have the possibility to integrate webpages at no cost, we could set up an online bugtracking service in which users can report issues anonymously. I added a "Service" tab, as you can see in the screenshot. Although github offers a bugtracking service, it has some disadvantages: It requires a user login and the page is not scalable, so it looks quite ugly when integrated. I'd rather vote for some simple system to replace that, so I put that open to discuss.