Re: New documentation patch and small profshow extension

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: New documentation patch and small profshow extension
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 12:55:25 -0500

On 19 August 2011 09:44, Daniel Kraft <address@hidden> wrote:
> here are two more patches.  The first one (index.diff) adds a new
> column to the table printed by profshow -- namely the index into
> FunctionTable of the profiler data structure.  I think that is useful
> (see the profiler example session for when it could become useful).
>
> doc2.diff is another documentation, which adds a new section to
> debug.txi which is a "tutorial-like" profiler example session.

Thank you, I've pushed these patches along with your other one and did
some minor proofreading for style and such:

     http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/graph

I've also uploaded the resulting HTML documentation, for those who
want to quickly see it without building:

     http://jordi.platinum.linux.pl/octave/Profiling.html
     http://jordi.platinum.linux.pl/octave/Profiler-Example.html

(only those two pages for convenience, the links don't work).

So, are you done? There's still the matter of a hierarchical profile,
but I think that's already outside of the official time allotted by
Google. Do you want to keep going? I hope so, this has all been very
productive and successful. You will get glowing reviews from me for
Google.

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.