Re: Octave-3.6.1 for Windows (VS2008/VS2010) available

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Octave-3.6.1 for Windows (VS2008/VS2010) available
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 16:08:20 +0000

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> Michael,
>
> I'm having some difficulty including ghostscript in the app bundle for MacOS
> X. The problem is that it is built to live in "/opt/local/..." and it
> actually resides in the bundle which could be placed anywhere. I'd hoped I
> could set the necessary environment variables, but haven't figured if that is
> actually possible, and if so, what they are.
>
> How did you handle the ghostscript dependency ?

I didn't :)
I forgot to include ghostscript in the installer, though it should be
possible to use an existing ghostscript installation, either by having
the gs executable in the PATH, or by using the GSC variable (see
scripts/plot/private/__print_parse_opts__.m). Of course, this assumes
that the ghostscript executable is relocatable, but it is common under
Win32 platform to have relocatable software (as octave is).

Michael.