Re: changes to symbol table on the GUI branch

From: Jacob Dawid
Subject: Re: changes to symbol table on the GUI branch
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 21:06:37 +0100

John,

I didn't see that you expected an answer. I just acknowledged what you have said. The problem I had was a thread-safety issue when reading octave_values within the GUI, even when I compiled octave with the atomic_refcount option. It led to crashes when executing lengthy scripts in the GUI in many different places, which always had to do with octave_value, although (for safety), I always duplicate octave_values when working with them.

The problem wasn't solved with my changeset, rather I could decrease the number of different places where crashes occured randomly. Probably I might need some assistance, so that I correctly reverting my changes.

Jacob