Re: Debug menu items disabled in GUI

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Debug menu items disabled in GUI
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 09:56:34 +0100

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Jacob Dawid <address@hidden> wrote:
Michael,

> Concerning the problem we discussed yesterday, here are a few things I
> noticed. When I run the script by entering the command in the terminal
> widget, it works fine. But when I click the "Run" button in the editor, then
> problems appear: "Debug" menu items are disabled and command completion does
> not work (when octave is in debug mode, at the "keyboard" command).

It only seems to fail with the keyboard command. Can you confirm this?

No, when using "dbstop...", it's even weirder. I have a test script as follows:

x = 10;
y = 10;
[xx, yy] = meshgrid (1:x, 1:y);

At octave prompt, I type "dbstop testoct 2". Then when I start the script at the octave prompt (typing "testoct"), octave stops and Debug menu is OK. When I use the "Run File" button in the editor, octave doesn't stop at all. I'm wondering if recompiling everything would help. Let me bring my octave in sync and recompile from gui branch.

Michael.