RE: GUI compile

From: Robinson, Melvin D
Subject: RE: GUI compile
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 00:12:22 +0000

From: Michael Goffioul address@hidden
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 5:50 PM
To: Robinson, Melvin D
Cc: address@hidden

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:46 PM, Robinson, Melvin D <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

I am building the latest GUI and get these errors.  Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

In file included from octave-adapter/octave-link.cc:18:0:
octave-adapter/octave-link.h:28:27: fatal error: octave/config.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [octave-link.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/melrobin/octave/gui/src'
make: *** [sub-src-make_default] Error 2

How did you generate the Makefile's? Was mkoctfile in your PATH when you called qmake? It would help if you could give the full compilation command that is failing, and not only the error.

Michael.

I just went to the gui directory and typed 'qmake-qt4 gui.pro'.  There was no output from this command.  I then typed 'make'.  This is the correct way, isn't it?