Re: esa socis application

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: esa socis application
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 18:30:46 -0400

On 26 July 2012 17:44, Zsolt Bartha <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2012/7/26 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
>
>> We're very interested in Django development, but it doesn't look like
>> something you would be interested in. Or would you like to finish this
>> website?
>
> Well to be honest, I have some experience with Django and much more with
> Python, but I never did any complex web development. I think I could be far
> more productive in a mathematical task. If the one I have chosen (sparse
> matrices) is not available, I’m willing to do another one. Is that task
> still available and do you recommend it for me?

Yes, there are things we can do to improve sparse matrices. Submit
your application for sparse matrices, and we will take it under
consideration.

How exactly do you propose to improve sparse QR?

>> I would be interested in seeing you finishing the questions in the
>> wiki application. Hurry up! Deadline is this Friday.
>
> As for the wiki, I tried to answer all questions, could you specify what
> information do you feel is missing?

I just looked at your wiki application again, and it looks more
fleshed out than what I saw before. You should now submit your
application through the SOCIS website:

    http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2012/?q=node/11

Good luck!
- Jordi G. H.