Re: where to push simple bugfix

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: where to push simple bugfix
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 07:53:57 -0400

On 6 August 2012 03:37, c. <address@hidden> wrote:
> The bug reported here

Where?

> has a simple fix so I believe, in principle,
> it should go on the stable branch.

Bugfixes on stable aren't only about the simplicity of the bug but
about its severity. If the bug is serious enough and it potentially
affects enough people, it should go on stable, provided the fix
doesn't break API.

> On the other hand, I'm not sure whether
>
> a) There will be any 3.6.x release
> b) After source tree reorganization it is still possible to merge stable to
> default.

Yes and yes, I believe. In fact, I think we should release 3.6.3 this month.

The source code reorganisation is no trouble for merges. Hg tracks
file renames (unlike a well-known competitor), so files moving around
cause no great hassle.

Or they shouldn't...

- Jordi G. H.