Re: QTerminal minimum size is too large (was: QTerminal minimum size is

From: Jacob Dawid
Subject: Re: QTerminal minimum size is too large (was: QTerminal minimum size is too small)
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 14:03:14 +0200

Mike,

I am thankful you are testing the GUI, but it makes more sense to put up feature requests/bug reports in the bugtracker, as long as you personally feel something is going wrong. The reason is that there are some people sending me patches via mail, asking me what I think could be done next. I keep pointing them to the bugtracker and looking for items with the tag "GUI". There might be somone faster than me providing a patch to this. Also, I heavily endorse that the GUI has to be developed by a group of autonomous developers, so it's a good idea to introduce them directly into the existing structures.

Jacob

2012/8/6 Mike Miller <address@hidden>
On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 11:10 PM, Mike Miller wrote:
> Can we make the minimum size in QUnixTerminalImpl a little smaller?
> With the addition of the documentation browser to the GUI recently,
> the terminal's minimum height of 400px is too small for a 768px
> display now. In my Gnome3 environment, I can't resize or maximize the
> GUI window unless I first hide the doc browser panel or merge it into
> the terminal dock panel. Relaxing the QUnixTerminalImpl minimum size
> fixes it for me. I haven't been able to find where the documentation
> viewer gets its minimum size from, but for me it can't be made smaller
> than about 170px.

Sorry, that made no sense, it was late. QTerminal's minimum size is
too *large* in the vertical direction for a 768px-high display.

The major problem is that the GUI cannot be resized or maximized
because its minimum height is too large for the display, gnome-shell
window manager is not happy about it.

Or let me know if I did something wrong and the sizes should fit :)

--
mike