Re: GUI Qt figure window

From: Jacob Dawid
Subject: Re: GUI Qt figure window
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 19:00:26 +0200

Dan,

The X11 window ID was an example.  Does Qt have an analogous widget ID that is something different than X11 window ID?

Dan

Difficult to answer, I think it's a wrong question :) X11 is a window system, Qt is a C++ application framework. Qt is object-oriented, so every unique QWidget object has a memory address (which identifies the object), so I would say that is what the ID is. In fact, the memory address is used to embed QWidgets in other QWidgets. I guess a Qt application is not primarily intended to be "swallowed" by another application or to expose its internals.

Is there a reason you do not want to use OpenGL? I never asked this question before, but why doesn't gnuplot provide a C++ API that we can link against?

Jacob