Re: Atlassian tools

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Atlassian tools
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:22:20 -0400

On 22 August 2012 10:15, Reza Housseini <address@hidden> wrote:
> But I recently came across the atlassian website
> (http://www.atlassian.com/) and they're offering to open source

Octave isn't primarily open source. It's primarily free:

    http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html

> projects a far broader range of tools for software development
> (including continous building). What could be the benefits

I'm sure there are some.

> and the drawbacks of using such a service?

    http://mako.cc/writing/hill-free_tools.html

Hydra isn't so difficult to use. Nix is an interesting language. I'll
probably improve Octave's usage of it soon. We already have something
that works, so there is no need to compromise our software
independence for the allure of functionality.

- Jordi G. H.