Re: including config.h in gui src code

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: including config.h in gui src code
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 11:55:09 -0400

On 31-Aug-2012, Jacob Dawid wrote:

| I was not aware of that as a general rule. Since the only classes using octave
| includes are under octave-link, this did not have any effects in the past
| anyways. It should make no difference, so for the sake of consistency they can
| safely be added.

Since we are using gnulib, it is more or less required because the
definitions in config.h can affect replacement headers that gnulib
provides.  So even if you are not using an Octave header file, you
might be using a gnulib replacement header like unistd.h, stdio.h, or
ctype.h, etc.  These headers might be included indirectly.  For
example, on many systems, if you include the cctype, you will include
ctype.h.  Or some Qt header might include a standard header file that
we ultimately get from gnulib.

Should this policy also be applied to the files in qterminal?  If not,
then we probably need to change the way the qterminal sources are
compiled, because currently we are including gnulib headers when
building qterminal.  If that's not what you want, then I think we
should remove the qterminal sources should from the Octave source tree
and put them in a separate project that we use as a library rather
than as a set of source files included in the Octave source tree.