Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] mkoctfile not installed in Wheezy

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] mkoctfile not installed in Wheezy
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 12:41:43 +0100

On 2 December 2012 01:55, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 1 December 2012 08:52, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
>> For example, how do you install a package that is not in Octave-Forge
>> nor packaged by the debian group?
>
> Such a package does not exist unless that package is too unstable to
> be in Debian, in which case it is a development package, so it is "a
> dev thing".

Geometry is not in stable (I know, when Squeeze was release that
package didn't exist). But mechanics package is not in any of the
Debian distributions.

Debian can't package all of them. It's great they can package the most
important ones, but if Agora works out as planned, there's just no way
they can deal with all packages.

Carnë