Re: New Statistics functions

From: Arno Onken
Subject: Re: New Statistics functions
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 10:34:51 +0100

Hi Nir,

On 03/12/2013 09:46 PM, Nir Krakauer wrote:
> I added a new stepwisefit function for linear regression with stepwise
> predictor-variable selection to the Statistics package. The
> functionality is similar to the corresponding Matlab function although
> the syntax is currently not identical.

That's a nice contribution. Thanks a lot!

A couple of comments:

1) Could you use corr instead of corrcoef to make the function more
future-proof?

2) If name/value pairs were used as arguments for penter and premove,
then full Matlab compatibility could be added later without breaking any
code that might be written for the current argument structure.

Thanks,
Arno