Re: Octave-link for COMSOL

From: c.
Subject: Re: Octave-link for COMSOL
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 12:36:24 +0100

On 28 Mar 2013, at 01:33, address@hidden wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 13:19:04 -0400
> From: Jordi Guti?rrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
> To: Pierpaolo <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: Octave-link for COMSOL
>
> On 27 March 2013 13:09, Pierpaolo <address@hidden> wrote:
>> i was wondering on the existing proposals for an Octave-link for COMSOL
>> (something like COMSOL LiveLink for Matlab)
>
> COMSOL is non-free software, so linking it with Octave would be a GPL
> violation.
>
> If you can persuade the COMSOL authors to release a future version of
> COMSOL under a GPL-compatible license, we should revisit this issue.
>
> - Jordi G. H.

FEniCS http://fenicsproject.org/documentation/ , on the other hand, is free
software
there is a proposal for implementing an Octave wrapper for FEniCS:
http://wiki.octave.org/GSoC_Project_Ideas#General_purpose_Finite_Element_library
under GSoC.
If you are youreself or you know an interested student please consider applying
for GSoC.

c.