Re: MXE-build: terminal colors now white on white

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: MXE-build: terminal colors now white on white
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 04:27:17 -0700 (PDT)

John W. Eaton wrote
> On 04/12/2013 05:56 PM, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
>> After building this morning's tip (AFAICS changeset 16499:facf00ce97d3,
>> sorry
>> I'm on Windows now and not in Linux where I could check), I get white on
>> white in the terminal for an MXE-build running in WinXP.
>>
>> Could this be related to changeset 16474:720fd1ca04ec ?
>
> Could you try
>
>    exit Octave
>    delete your ~/.config/octave/qt-settings file
>    retart Octave
>
> Does that work?  If not, then I'm not sure where the problem is.  It's
> working for me.

Good suggestion... but alas, it didn't work.

I've attached a screen shot of the Octave GUI window. I've typed in "help
strread" and as you can see the pager gives some dark grey on light grey
output.

Your initial change (just before the April's Fools rant) worked better....

Philip
Octxzve372+WonW.png
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4651807/Octxzve372%2BWonW.png>