Re: Re: gsoc2013 octave audio system

From: pantxo diribarne
Subject: Re: Re: gsoc2013 octave audio system
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 18:47:40 +0200

2013/4/16 Vytautas Jancauskas <address@hidden>
RTAudio is just a front-end for several different audio playback libraries. It would allow people to use jack for playback and recording which is not the case for portaudio I think. Then again I maintained an audio app using RTAudio and people were complaining a lot about it.

It seems to me that portaudio uses the most common libraries on each system including Jack on linux , but ALSA is recommended. For system specific features, you have to include additionnal headers.

Even though I never seriously used none of the libraries I cited, I also think that portaudio is more mature.

Pantxo

PS: on this mailing list we use "bottom posting" rule, i.e. reply at after the cited text so that poeple can read the previous message before the answer.