Re: GUI won't build with older QScintilla

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: GUI won't build with older QScintilla
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 19:10:45 +0800

On Apr 13, 2013, at 2:41 AM, Torsten wrote:

> On 08.04.2013 16:24, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

>>> It is not really a duplicate but just configuring the general
>>> Qscintilla-lexer-interface to work like the octave lexer.
>>
>> Alright. I thought it was a little ugly to avoid using
>> QSciLexerOctave, but I don't know this part of the code well.
>>
>>> We already have a check for version 2.6 in
>>> OCTAVE_CHECK_FUNC_FINDFIRST_MODERN. I am not sure whether another
>>> test should be added or if that existent test could be used
>>> (unnecessarily disabling the feature for versions between 2.5 and
>>> 2.6).
>>
>> Adding another test makes more sense to me.
>>
>> Let me know if you have an updated patch you'd like me to test.
>
> The changeset with the general lexer is checked in:
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/3781abc74540
>
> For the problem with setFirstVisibleLine () I attached a simple patch
> where the function setFirstVisibleLine () is replaced by the function
> sendScintilla () with the message SCI_SETFIRSTVISIBLELINE as parameter.
> Since this message is not defined in older versions I have replaced it
> by its numeric value 2613. From a test and what I have seen in the
> Qscintilla sources, an unknown message number is just ignored. As a
> consequence the line where the debugger stops or which is chosen for
> "goto line" is not centered in the editor tab.
>
> Torsten
>

> <setFirstVisibleLine.diff>

Without this patch and with qscintilla 2.4.6, my build ends with the error
below.

src/m-editor/file-editor-tab.cc: In member function 'void
file_editor_tab::center_current_line()':
src/m-editor/file-editor-tab.cc:1295:19: error: 'class QsciScintilla' has no
member named 'setFirstVisibleLine'

With the patch, I'm able to build.

Ben