Re: GUI status on MacOS X

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: GUI status on MacOS X
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 18:24:28 +0800

On May 1, 2013, at 12:08 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:

> On Apr 8, 2013, at 12:19 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:
>
>> For anyone interested, I'm currently able to build and run the GUI on MacOS
>> X without any extra patches.
>>
>> Qscintilla is not yet working for me, but I haven't had the time to
>> determine why.
>>
>> Ben
>
> Using macports for dependencies and with the attached patch, the GUI runs on
> MacOS 10.7.5.  I'm presently using qscintilla 2.4.6.
>
> Ben
>
> <GUI_on_MacOSX.patch>

With the changeset below (pushed by jwe), the GUI now runs on MacOS 10.7.5

        http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/49832f60282e

I haven't done any extensive testing yet, but did notice one missing MacOS X
feature.  Under the "General" tab for the preferences, the "Icon set for doc
widgets" has three options. However, none of these change the dock icon, which
is the system default for a shell script.

Does the GUI have icon support under Linux and/or Windows?

Ben